Thursday 29 November 2012

The Next Big Mr Bloggy Thing


I have been asked by Andrew Peters of Otis King Blues Detective fame, and Ian Graham, Patriots and Tyrants, to take part in a blog chain thing going on at the moment called The Next Big Thing where an author answers  ten questions about their next (or most in need of a push) book. At the end of the blog post I have to 'tag' five other authors and they answer them on their blog the week after... And we all FB and/or
tweet the bejesus out of it to spread the word."
And these are the 10 questions:

1) What is the title of your book?

The title of my next book is Jericho Blues, the third in the Dalton's Blues saga.

2) Where did the idea come from?

The idea behind the book actually came to me a couple of years ago, I started writing a story about a Manchurian Candidate type character who assassinates the President of the USA, he finds out he has been the subject of trauma based mind control experiments since he was a child, a puppet for a shadowy group of powerful families who have been controlling events for thousands of years. I found after doing some tweaking I could turn the book into the next in the Dalton saga. 
 
3) What genre best defines your book?

It's definitely an action adventure thriller.

4) What actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie?

Too be honest, I have no idea, if you could get a cross between a young Jason Statham and Danny Dyer you would have Jimmy Dalton, Jamie Duggan, maybe Martine Mccutcheon.

 
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis?

Thirteen families control the world from behind the scenes, now they want it all; only Dalton stands in their way.
 
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

It will be self published, agencies are too scared to handle Dalton, he he.
 
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft?

Still in the process of writing the first draft.

8) What other books would you compare this story to within
your genre?

I can't compare it to any others, I am trying to be me, I am trying to write books that are not the same as other book in the genre, of course they contain the usual stuff, action, gun fights explosions etc. In Jericho Blues there is also a touch of Orwells Animal Farm, and 1984.
 
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
My fiancee Lisa is a continuing inspiration for me to write, ever since I did Eastern Fury for Action Pulse Pound Tales, as are the rest of my family.

10) What else about the book might pique the reader's interest?

Ever since the story of David and Goliath people have loved stories about the little man triumphing over the bigger man, that is what you have with Jericho Blues, Dalton going up against the biggest 'gang' the world has ever known. The story will be told over two novels, the end of the first novel will be a massive cliff hanger involving one of the main characters. Story spoiler I know, when it comes out buy it enjoy it tell the world about Jimmy Dalton.

Now it is time to pass on the baton, I choose Rags Daniels author of  Lallapaloosa  
 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rags-Daniels/e/B007ZBX856/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1

Stephen W Cheshire author of The Field Trip http://www.amazon.co.uk/Field-Trip-Stephen-Cheshire/dp/1616673087/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1354185041&sr=1-1

Francis Laveaux  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Francis-Laveaux/e/B0086MKL58/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1354185131&sr=1-2-ent

No comments: